Going to steal a page from gwendally
's book here and list Happy Things, because I'm rather twitchy around the edges today.
1) I have a near-infinitely flexible job that, despite an initial claim of a 6 month span, appears to be willing to stick around as long as I'm willing to keep doing it. Moreover, it's next to impossible to screw the job up, which is always a plus.
2) I have good friends who, even when undergoing the emotional turmoil of having just run 16 miles for marathon training and wanting to kill everything, will see us on the street trying to fix a bicycle and invite us inside to work on it in the light.
3) And then graciously let us buy them a birthday round, even though I'm pretty sure they wanted to sleep.
4) We got an additional, free round once there, because somebody kept trying to start a fight and wasn't leaving. "Sorry about all the drama," the bartender intoned while dropping the drink chits. (This isn't in any way a sarcastic good thing--we were actually enjoying the entertainment value of a real-life soap opera even BEFORE we got the free drinks.)
5) This is a week old, but I never mentioned it--I found my old, lost portfolio while cleaning. YAY! So much work I thought was gone forever! (I also found my top-grade-in-class Memorandum of Law final paper from Legal Research and Writing, which is also good.)
6) I have a matching towel set, sitting on towel bars and rings Bill was kind enough to install for me. They hardware was as cheap as I could find, and yet it still matched our decor (white). Score!
7) Bill also installed a working shower for me, so I don't have to take a bath unless I actually WANT a bath. I cannot express how awesome this is. (PARTICULARLY with home hair dyeing--no more forcing my head under the spigot!)
8) I ran and finished a 5K on Saturday. It was hard, and I didn't run much of it--I haven't done much of any exercising since my first 5K in mid-February. But it was in good company, all of whom were happy for my finishing, and it's encouraged me to run and exercise more since, and to be gladsome to do so.
9) The weather is absolutely fantastic
the last day or two! Bill and I went on a romantic sunset walk with the dog the day before last. We biked to the grocery store last night. And yesterday morning, when I couldn't sleep for pre-interview nerves, I jogged along the bike path at sunrise and it was sufficiently beautiful that I felt compelled to sing show tunes about beautiful days.
10) Bill made homemade sushi last night. He's getting good at it! It always tastes good, but the rolls are looking pretty official these days.
11) We've replaced our electric kettle, and get to have drama-free French Pressed coffee again, which is SO much better than our percolator OR Keurig. I have fairly few yuppie pleasures in life, but since I bought Bill a french press for Valentine's Day, pressed coffee is one of them.
12) A piece of art I made and posted to Twitter was reblogged 73 times--I think that makes it the most popular piece of art I've ever created, though I'm not sure (I don't usually disseminate through Twitter.)
...yeah, I guess that's it! :-D I do feel much better now.
EDIT: Also, this list is great even if things are only a little off: Everything is Awful and I'm Not Okay: questions to ask before giving up
. Duh, I haven't had breakfast! Off to hard-boiled eggs!